Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Five Below

I used to be a bird artist - even though the bird was just a small part of the painting...it was generally the focal point. But now I find that the looser my paintings become, there's almost no place, or a need for a bird. This new oil, Five Below, is still a work in progress. I'm going to live with it for a while before putting a little more definition on the lower limbs and will decide if it needs a bird.


Five Below
20" x 16" oil on panel

Edited to add a second image of Five Below, after tweaking the branches. I added the rounded shape of a cold little bird on one of the lower branches but wiped it out. I didn't change the color but the second version was photographed under different light.  I'll let the painting dry then decide if it is finished.




Edited version of Five Below

No comments:

Post a Comment