This is an unfinished 20" x 20" oil, work-in-progress, titled, 'Low Clouds Over Buffalo'. It's a view of Buffalo Mountain from Silverthorne, Colorado.
Step 1: The colors felt a little dreary so I sat the painting aside for the rest of the day and thought about it.
Step 2: I decided to really push the blues in the painting but struggled with the trees as they were competing with the mountain.
Step 3: I simplified the trees and got rid of many of the tree trunks. Tomorrow I will push the clouds by making them stronger and bluer - then will finish the foreground. I've used this brand of gessoed linen before (Centurion, pre-stretched) but I don't like the slick surface. However once I have an underpainting down, it is fun to work on.
My paintings are original oils created in my studio in New Zealand. I do not use AI. My website: https://adeleearnshaw.com/
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Bobcat
These are the last two pieces for 'Square Off', the painting project I've been doing with my son, Shane Rebenschied, for the ...
-
My son, Shane Rebenschied , is a full-time illustrator. On January 1, 2019, he started an ambitious project to paint one 6" x 8" o...
-
Call it Murphy's Law. Yesterday I sat three paintings on a wide windowsill in the studio to catch the sun and hopefully speed up the dr...
-
I know that many of those who follow my blog are other artists, so every now and then I like to show how I paint with step-by-step images. ...


No comments:
Post a Comment