Friday, August 20, 2010

A couple of new pieces for the project

I did this hooded oriole when I was starting to plan the 75 for 75 project, but I painted it as a 6" x 8".  It's been gathering dust so today I cut it down to a 5" x 7" (it actually works better in a smaller format).  To see the rest of the pieces in the 75 for 75 project that my son and I are doing, please click on this link.


Adele Earnshaw - Hooded Oriole #2 
7" x 5" original oil
$75 + $6 shipping, unframed



Adele Earnshaw - H = Horses
6" x 6"  oil on Pintura canvas panel
$75 + 6 shipping, unframed

This little horse painting is titled H = Horse  (part of my continuing painting-my-way-through-the alphabet project) but this oil is 6" x 6" -  not the standard size of 5" x 7".  As it's not a standard size, you probably won't be able to find a ready-made frame for it.  Frame shops often make small frames from their frame scraps, so perhaps your local frame shop will give you a deal on a 6" x 6".  I did this little painting a  year or two ago as an oil demo in a workshop I was teaching.  I'm behind on my alphabet project and this piece works, so why not!  



No comments:

Post a Comment