Monday, June 20, 2011

"Close to the Heart"

Yes, there will be more 75 for 75 studies, but not for a couple of days.  I've got lots of irons in the fire!

This is a large oil, 40" x 30" on 2" deep Ampersand cradled board.  It's heading for The Legacy Gallery's annual group show Legacy of the Southwest which opens in Scottsdale on July 7th.  I would love to do a series of large.......I mean large paintings of agave and saguaro.  The big bold shapes make for exciting compositions and the textures of these plants intrigue me - especially the saguaro.  But paintings of agave and saguaro aren't new for me - I often painted them back in the days when I was a watercolorist.

Close to the Heart
40" x 30" oil on panel

3 comments:

  1. beautifully played with light and shade.Amazing work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I like it! I am sure someone in Scottsdale will too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this picture and all of your others are very good aswell thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Pink

This is the ninth piece in 'Square Off', the painting project I'm doing with my son,  Shane Rebenschied . Three more to go!  I p...