Friday, January 13, 2012

"Counterpane"

I just finished this 24" x 48" oil on gallery-wrapped canvas.  This gives a more contemporary look and doesn't require that the piece be framed - though it can be if the client wants framing.  I painted it for my exhibit at The Southeast Wildlife Expo where I'll be showing my work February 16 - 19, 2012 in Charleston, South Carolina.  I've been painting small, soft, moody landscape with a goal of painting the same mood but much larger.  This is my first attempt - and I like it!


Counterpane
24" x 48" oil on canvas

7 comments:

  1. I bet this is amazing in person. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful. I loved your small moody ones too .. it is clear that they have been a lead up to this wonderful painting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice- I love the mood that you have captured.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it Adele. It is one of my favorites of yours that I have seen. I have joined the daily painting crowd too. I am on day 16..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning work Adele. I love your playful sense of light.

    Hope your move to NZ goes great!
    CHeers from Vancouver Canada!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely landscape. I would love to see this in person also. Love your bird paintings too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This one is really beautiful. It gives me a sense of peace and makes me pause and contemplate the morning light showing through the trees. Like!

    ReplyDelete

Breaker

 This is the 8th piece for "Square Off", the painting project I'm doing with my son,  Shane Rebenschied.   My personal goal fo...