Friday, June 30, 2017

Monsoon

I do a show every year in Westcliffe, Colorado, called Art for the Sangres. It's a small show with fewer than 30 artists and only runs for two evenings but it's well attended, sales are good and it's a delightful place to visit. This painting was inspired by a scene in the Westcliffe area. Maybe I fibbed a bit about the monsoon clouds as I'm only there in the fall, well past the summer monsoon season, but having lived in Sedona, Arizona for 35 years, I know the monsoon clouds well. Now living back in New Zealand, I don't think I will ever tire of the sound of rain on the roof.


Monsoon
20" x 16" oil on canvas

2 comments:

  1. That is definitely a monsoon sky! It's lovely and dramatic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect monsoon clouds. Looking very dramatic.

    ReplyDelete

Breaker

 This is the 8th piece for "Square Off", the painting project I'm doing with my son,  Shane Rebenschied.   My personal goal fo...