Friday, July 15, 2011

A Chickadee for Today

I've had lots of temptations that take me away from the easel since I've been artist-in-residence in downtown Breckenridge, Colorado....which is why I've not been painting for my 75 for $75 recently.
The Breckenridge Arts District, of which the Tin Shop (my studio/residence) is part of, includes a ceramics studio right across the street.  Oh...what a temptation as my second love (to painting) is working on the potter's wheel.  I am the bowl queen.  My friends and family have cupboards full of my bowls so perhaps I'll have to start making coffee mugs instead...or teapots!

But I find that I miss my daily oil study.  Painting a little 5" x 7" first thing in the morning loosens me up for the day....so first thing this morning, I painted this little chickadee.  Hope you like it.



158 - Chickadee
5" x 7" oil study on board, unframed
$75 plus $6 shipping within the U.S.

SOLD

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on "Sky is Falling"..Well done. Gorgeous work.

    ReplyDelete