Sunday, July 24, 2011

Today's Painting - A Goldfinch

I wish American Goldfinch would come to my feeder, but I only get the Lesser Goldfinch.  When the Lesser are wearing their breeding plumage they're a bright yellow, but never quite as pretty as an American Goldfinch.  I wonder if the Lesser Goldfinch feel inadequate?


166 - American Goldfinch
7" x 5" oil on board, unframed
$75 plus $6 shipping within the U.S.
SOLD
(I think this one broke all records.  'Posted' to 'sold' took about 8 minutes.
Thanks Sarah!) 




1 comment:

  1. You could tell that you used a very limitted pallette here, especially with the use of yellows and purples. My eye was instantly drawn to the bird, your subject of course! Really good job on the painting, can't to see more!
    -Lina
    misartmanias.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete