Sunday, May 6, 2012

Today's Oil Study - A Spotted Towhee

For some reason I felt in a festive mood this morning so I decided to paint a colorful bird - what better than a Spotted Towhee, formerly known as a Rufous-sided Towhee.  I like these little guys - I often hear them scratching around in the undergrowth around my house in Northern Arizona.


266 - Spotted Towhee
5" x 7" oil study on board, unframed
US$75 plus $6 shipping within the U.S.




This afternoon, I did this second little piece, a plein air study, from the deck looking out over Sandspit.  It's a quick 6" x 8" and the 39th painting I've done on location since arriving in New Zealand in February. Somehow I don't think I'll be meeting my goal of doing 60 plein air pieces before I leave New Zealand in about 9 days.


"Tide's Out"  #39 of my 60/60 Challenge
6" x 8" oil on board

1 comment:

  1. I love your work - all the birds! Keep up the amazing work. You are a true inspiration. :)

    ReplyDelete