Friday, June 30, 2017

Monsoon

I do a show every year in Westcliffe, Colorado, called Art for the Sangres. It's a small show with fewer than 30 artists and only runs for two evenings but it's well attended, sales are good and it's a delightful place to visit. This painting was inspired by a scene in the Westcliffe area. Maybe I fibbed a bit about the monsoon clouds as I'm only there in the fall, well past the summer monsoon season, but having lived in Sedona, Arizona for 35 years, I know the monsoon clouds well. Now living back in New Zealand, I don't think I will ever tire of the sound of rain on the roof.


Monsoon
20" x 16" oil on canvas

2 comments:

  1. That is definitely a monsoon sky! It's lovely and dramatic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect monsoon clouds. Looking very dramatic.

    ReplyDelete