Sunday, December 30, 2018

Male Cardinal Oil Study

I've been struggling with my work getting too fiddly. When this happens, I find that painting quick little oil studies helps me to loosen up and also gives me the opportunity to experiment. I started my "75 for 75" project almost ten years ago for this reason. It made a huge difference in my work and it's time to do it again. I won't be painting a daily piece but will as I feel the need. As before, they'll be 'studies' - no detail nor specific background. My goal is for the work to be loose and painterly.

Ten years ago, the studies sold for $75 each. Today the price is US $100 plus $8 shipping. It'll take about a week for the study to dry so it can be mailed and will probably be another ten days to reach you. It has much further to travel now!


Male Cardinal #318
7" x 5" oil study on gessoed board, unframed
US$ 100 plus $8 Shipping

No comments:

Post a Comment