Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Today's Oil Study - Another Hummingbird!

I've had a lot of requests for hummingbirds so I just finished this little oil study of one that could be either a broad-tailed hummer (Western US) or a ruby-throated (Eastern US) as the species are similar and I don't paint enough detail to show the differences.

I must remember to photograph a study before I soften the background, as I have in this piece.  I soften the background if the brushwork feels too busy or sometimes just for a change. It would have been interesting to show you the difference with the brush strokes showing compared to the finished piece.  Next time!


Hummingbird
5" x 7" oil study on board, unframed
$75 plus $6 shipping

SOLD




1 comment:

  1. Love the light and atmoshphere; also the color. I can just hear his wings beating! I'm buying it!
    NJ Darling

    ReplyDelete

November

 "November" is the 11th piece in the Square Off project I'm doing with my son,  Shane Rebenschied.   All the original oils tha...