Friday, May 20, 2011

Today's Painting - Anna's Hummingbird

Today's oil study for my 75 for $75 project is an Anna's hummingbird.  The range of these little guys has really expanded.  When I first moved to Northern Arizona I never saw an Anna's - and now they outnumber the broad-tailed hummingbirds.  If you live in the western half of the U.S. and are in an area where both Anna's and broad-tailed hummingbirds are found...it's easy to tell them apart. (aside from the male Anna's red head, but it doesn't always show up unless the bird is in bright light).  A broad-tailed hummer makes a buzzing sound when he flies.....and the Anna's flight is almost silent.

 Anna's Hummingbird
5" x 7" oil on board, unframed
$75 plus $6 shipping within the U.S.

SOLD


1 comment:

  1. How beautiful! I just stumbled across your blog, I love the lighting in your work!

    ReplyDelete

Bobcat

 These are the last two pieces for 'Square Off', the painting project I've been doing with my son,  Shane Rebenschied,  for the ...