Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Great Horned Owl for Yesterday

I didn't have time to do a piece for my 75/75 project yesterday, so this afternoon I took a break from packing the car to paint this little study of the fifth Great Horned Owl for this project.  Funny but I wasn't crazy about painting birds in oil until I started doing these studies...now I'm really having fun with them.  I'm going to do a larger Great Horned Owl (at least a 9 x 12 - maybe bigger) for my gallery in Beaver Creek, Walt Horton Fine Art.

I'm packing the car to leave for Breckenridge in the morning where I'll be artist-in-residence for the City of Breckenridge for the month of July.  I'll live and paint in a cute little historic building just off the main street in Breck.  Looking forward to a beautiful month painting lupine and white puffy clouds!!


Great Horned Owl #5
7" x 5" oil study on board, unframed
$75 plus $6 shipping within the U.S.
( I really like this one!)

SOLD



3 comments:

  1. This is a really beautiful painting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really great painting!! Your wise and smart to paint this owl! I love the feel of it and sort of has a mystery to it too. Keep up the good work!
    -Lina
    misartmanias.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Art Genes

 I'm not aware of any artists in my family prior to me. My father explains that as he and his sister were children of the great depressi...