Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Today's Oil Study - Red-tailed Hawk

I'm working on paintings for Art for the Sangres, a one-day show in Westcliffe, Colorado on September 24th.  What's the expression, 'the hurrier I go, the behinder I get'?  That seems to be the way it is this month for pieces for Art for the Sangres.  I was in the studio at 6:50 AM in order to get this little study done as I find I paint better the rest of the day if I start the day with a little piece.  It is like stretching exercises before you go running.


187 - Red-tailed Hawk
5" x 7" oil study on board, unframed
$75 plus $6 shipping within the U.S.

SOLD
On a sadder note,  the well-known painting-a-day artist, Carol Marine, has lost her home and studio in the Texas fires.  She and her family are safe but only managed to save a few things.  I hate to hear of someone losing their home, but to also lose your art is tragic.  Artists are always trading their work - so I'm guessing that Carol had a pretty extensive art collection.  

2 comments:

  1. No way about Carole! I had no idea! I'll say a prayer for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. god this makes me want to dig out my old oil set again

    I'm digging your thick painterly style

    ReplyDelete

Bobcat

 These are the last two pieces for 'Square Off', the painting project I've been doing with my son,  Shane Rebenschied,  for the ...