Tuesday, May 22, 2012

"Summer Fox"

I'm back in my Northern Arizona studio briefly.  In a month I head to Colorado where I'll be artist-in-residence for the Breckenridge Arts District's Tin Shop.  This painting is of a Breckenridge fox - they wander around the streets while tourists line up to photograph them.  The 16 x 20 isn't quite finished....the body of the fox still needs a bit of rounding out.  But at this point, I set a painting aside
for a couple of days before finishing it.  By then I've got a pretty good idea of what it needs to be called 'finished.



Summer Fox
20" x 16" oil on Ampersand Board

1 comment:

  1. Wow - this is beautiful! I love your use of light and texture. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete

Breaker

 This is the 8th piece for "Square Off", the painting project I'm doing with my son,  Shane Rebenschied.   My personal goal fo...