Tuesday, June 8, 2010

We're on a roll - four paintings for today!

We're really on a roll and have four paintings to post today.  I added up on my fingers how many days are left in the 75 for $75 project (seven) and how many paintings we have to do to reach our goal of seventy-five (twenty) in a week's time.   Agghhh!  That's almost three a day between now and the 15th.  But we made a considerable dent in the numbers today.

First is a raven.  Living in the Southwest, I can understand why the Hopi Indians regard the raven as a messenger.  I often see them flying overhead or sitting on a fence post, observing...as if they are to report back to their leader.  And I love to watch them flying for the sheer fun of it.

To see the 55 paintings we've done since May 15th, click here.     Paintings need about a week drying-time before I can mail them, but once purchased, I'll email you and give an approximate ship-date.  Paintings are unframed, but a 5" x 7" ready-made frame is easy to find at Michaels, Target or a local frame shop. 

 Adele Earnshaw - Raven
$75
5" x 7" oil on board
SOLD

Next is Shane's painting for the day.  The inspiration for his landscape comes from an area in southwest Colorado, between Dolores and Cortez.  I love his atmospheric perspective!
  
Shane Rebenschied - Tomorrow's Yesterday
$75
5" x 7"  oil on board
SOLD







The third painting is a gray jay.  They aren't found as far south as Arizona, where I live, but I've observed them while on painting trips in the Northwest.   In Arizona, I have the noisy Steller's Jay.  At slightly lower elevations, in Sedona, you'll see the scrub and pinon jays.

 Adele Earnshaw - Gray Jay
$75
5" x 7" oil on panel
SOLD






And finally, last but not least, a New Zealand fantail.  As a native New Zealander, the fantail is the bird that piqued my interest in birds when I was a kid, as they seem unafraid and will fly within a few feet of you (actually after the insects that you're stirring up).  If I had to choose my favorite bird, this would be it.  Hummingbirds would be a close second.

 Adele Earnshaw - New Zealand Fantail
$75
5" x 7" oil on board







No comments:

Post a Comment