Monday, July 2, 2012

I'm Teaching a Three-Day Oil Workshop in Colorado Next Week!

I'm now at the Tin Shop - my studio/living quarters in downtown Breckenridge, Colorado where I'm artist in residence for the month of July for the Breckenridge Arts District.  A percentage of my sales benefits the arts program as does the workshop that I'm teaching next week, July 9 - 11.  Titled, Oil Painting Basics from Study to Studio, this 3-day workshop will concentrate on the basics of oil painting; composition, learning to see large shapes and values and seeing and mixing color.  The intimate class size ensures plenty of individual attention.  9 am - 4 pm with an hour off for lunch.  Materials list is provided with option to purchase materials.  For info, call 970 453-3364.  You must register at least three days in advance.

And while you're in Breckenridge, you have to visit the foxes on Main Street!  Last year when I was artist in residence here, a mom fox had two kits. This year she has four!  They're almost full grown and provide the perfect photo op as they chase each other and pose for the tourists.  I took this photo of one of the kits this morning - perfect light around 7 am!



No comments:

Post a Comment