Friday, June 24, 2016

An exciting new painting project!

Five years ago, my son and I joined forces for an online project titled "75 for 75".  It was wildly successful thanks to friends, fellow artists and collectors. Last week, Shane suggested we do it again!
This time we'll both paint primarily landscapes. Last time I did bird studies as I wanted to learn how to paint them looser and more painterly. I struggle with landscapes so I hope this will help me become a better landscape painter.

All the paintings in this project will be 6" x 8" oil on gessoed boards. They'll sell for US $125 (unframed) plus $10 shipping.  We'll post a couple of landscapes per week here on my blog, our websites, Facebook and Instagram. Payment will be through Paypal.

This is my first piece for the project. It's pretty tight, but as with the bird studies,  I'm hoping that by the time I finish the project, my landscapes will be looser and much more painterly.  This piece isn't available for sale until the project officially starts next week.


Little Landscape Project #1
Goat Island - Leigh
6" x 8" oil on gessoed board, unframed

No comments:

Post a Comment