Wednesday, June 29, 2016

The Slow Lane

I paint a lot of roads - perhaps because I'm a traveller and I like the stories they tell. This oil will be one of ten paintings I'll be exhibiting at Art for the Sangres in Westcliffe, Colorado, September 23, 24th, 2016.  The Slow Road is painted on a gessoed hardboard. I buy a 4' x 8' sheet of masonite and using a Stanley knife and a metal ruler, I cut it into the sizes I need. I've tried using various electric saws to make the job easier but they just aren't accurate enough for me.  So....back to the Stanley knife.


The Slow Lane
9" x 18" oil on gessoed board

1 comment:

  1. Hi Adele, your paintings are beautiful and inspiring. I try to draw nature paintings using "paint". Not an artist though. I would appreciate if you could give your comments. My blog http://scribbleandpaint.blogspot.in/. Thank you

    ReplyDelete