Tuesday, August 11, 2026

A New Painting Project!

My son, Shane Rebenschied, has challenged me to a painting project. He's the boss for the project but all we've agreed upon at this point is that it won't be a painting-a-day (maybe 3 a week?) and we'll work on 6 x 6 gallery wrapped canvases. At this time, we're unsure of subject matter or the total number of paintings.

Aren't I supposed to be enjoying my golden years? Oh well - as I've realised over the past five years, I'd rather be an old artist that just an old lady and most days, I am in the studio anyway. I guess I'll just be in there a bit longer.

Stay tuned!


New Zealand Tui - 8x6 oil on panel
This oil study is from a previous painting project and has sold


“I would rather be ashes than dust!
I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry-rot.
I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
I shall not waste my days trying to prolong them.
I shall use my time.”

Jack London


No comments:

Post a Comment

A New Painting Project!

My son, Shane Rebenschied , has challenged me to a painting project. He's the boss for the project but all we've agreed upon at this...