Tuesday, August 25, 2026

Down River - #2 of "Square Off" Painting Project

 "Down River", 6 x 6 x .6 oil on gallery wrapped canvas. This is #2 in the Square Off project I'm doing with my son. All the little guys we're painting are available for US$200 each including shipping from NZ, unframed. There's a buy button on this link

My goals for this project are to evolve by loosening up, using new colours, work on brushwork, edges and techniques, but I've wiped off more paintings in the past two weeks than I have in the past year. I've intentionally picked landscapes that I've painted before so that I can compare them to the previous image. I start each piece with big juicy brush strokes but I end up with a painting that doesn't look much different than my usual work. Perhaps what they say about teaching an old dog new tricks is true? Today I'm reaching for my very biggest brush and will paint with nothing but. *sigh* I will persevere. Stay tuned.



Down River  
#2 Square Off by Adele Earnshaw
6 x 6 x .6  oil on gallery wrapped canvas, unframed
To purchase, click on this link 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Down River - #2 of "Square Off" Painting Project

  "Down River", 6 x 6 x .6 oil on gallery wrapped canvas. This is #2 in the Square Off project I'm doing with my son. All th...