My sister and brother-in-law are visiting from Colorado. They surprised me with a new easel that brother-in-law Jim made for me. WOW! This means I don't have to sit on the floor when I'm painting the bottom of a large painting as the support that holds the painting goes up and down, but the easel doesn't (unlike my old one). It's weighted so it's so much easier to raise and lower the height of the painting.
Jim is asking for input from me so he can tweak the design. He's thinking of custom building easels for other artists. So if you need an easel.....
Thanks Jim & Joanne.
My paintings are original oils created in my studio in New Zealand. I do not use AI. My website: https://adeleearnshaw.com/
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Bobcat
These are the last two pieces for 'Square Off', the painting project I've been doing with my son, Shane Rebenschied, for the ...
-
My son, Shane Rebenschied , is a full-time illustrator. On January 1, 2019, he started an ambitious project to paint one 6" x 8" o...
-
Call it Murphy's Law. Yesterday I sat three paintings on a wide windowsill in the studio to catch the sun and hopefully speed up the dr...
-
I know that many of those who follow my blog are other artists, so every now and then I like to show how I paint with step-by-step images. ...

Finally! Someone has thought about the fact that not everyone has 15 foot ceilings! Even though I would like to have a new easel all the ones I have seen raise the center shaft with the painting support which just doesn't work with 9 foot ceilings.
ReplyDeleteReally enjoy your blog and your work.
Thanks.
Yvonne