Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Look, Up in the Sky!

I spent the day doing paperwork for the New Zealand Painting Holiday that I'm leading with Joe Garcia (February 2012) - then an interruption to deal with a house/handyman issue left little time in the day to paint.  So with only an hour or two left before quitting time, I painted this little raven.  It's been a while since I've done one.  I got off to a bad start and wiped two off before I got back in the swing of things.  It is titled, 'Look, Up in the Sky'!  as the raven looks like it is tracking something above it - perhaps another bird.



"Look, Up in the Sky"!
oil on board

SOLD

I painted this raven from three different reference photos.  One of the photos had a red car in the background....which inspired the background color.

4 comments:

  1. Does he have his eye on a sparrow or does he see a hawk with his eye on the raven? Nature's food chain at work....
    I love the look in his eye, and the red behind him.

    ReplyDelete

Bobcat

 These are the last two pieces for 'Square Off', the painting project I've been doing with my son,  Shane Rebenschied,  for the ...