Monday, June 20, 2011

"Close to the Heart"

Yes, there will be more 75 for 75 studies, but not for a couple of days.  I've got lots of irons in the fire!

This is a large oil, 40" x 30" on 2" deep Ampersand cradled board.  It's heading for The Legacy Gallery's annual group show Legacy of the Southwest which opens in Scottsdale on July 7th.  I would love to do a series of large.......I mean large paintings of agave and saguaro.  The big bold shapes make for exciting compositions and the textures of these plants intrigue me - especially the saguaro.  But paintings of agave and saguaro aren't new for me - I often painted them back in the days when I was a watercolorist.

Close to the Heart
40" x 30" oil on panel

3 comments:

  1. beautifully played with light and shade.Amazing work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I like it! I am sure someone in Scottsdale will too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this picture and all of your others are very good aswell thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete