Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Great Horned Owl for Yesterday

I didn't have time to do a piece for my 75/75 project yesterday, so this afternoon I took a break from packing the car to paint this little study of the fifth Great Horned Owl for this project.  Funny but I wasn't crazy about painting birds in oil until I started doing these studies...now I'm really having fun with them.  I'm going to do a larger Great Horned Owl (at least a 9 x 12 - maybe bigger) for my gallery in Beaver Creek, Walt Horton Fine Art.

I'm packing the car to leave for Breckenridge in the morning where I'll be artist-in-residence for the City of Breckenridge for the month of July.  I'll live and paint in a cute little historic building just off the main street in Breck.  Looking forward to a beautiful month painting lupine and white puffy clouds!!


Great Horned Owl #5
7" x 5" oil study on board, unframed
$75 plus $6 shipping within the U.S.
( I really like this one!)

SOLD



3 comments:

  1. This is a really beautiful painting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really great painting!! Your wise and smart to paint this owl! I love the feel of it and sort of has a mystery to it too. Keep up the good work!
    -Lina
    misartmanias.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete