Saturday, April 7, 2012

#25 and #26 of the 60/600 Challenge

I've moved into my home-away-from-home for the next month, a cottage at NPS Mt. Bruce, about an hour and a half north of Wellington on New Zealand's North Island. There's only one other artist-in-residence here right now - a writer named Elizabeth....so this should be a productive month with few distractions.

I was up bright and early this morning and painted the scene from the cottage.  The landscape interested me because the hills were dotted with little sheep which appeared turquoise in the shadow - but by the time I was ready to paint the sheep in, they were gone.  Oh well - they'll be back and I have lots of time to wait!


#25 60/60 Challenge


#26 60/60 Challenge

This is just to the side of the cottage - great old trees that are so thick and dense I could stay dry in a heavy rain. I did this piece as I was intrigued by the warms and cools and wanted to see if I could paint it without noodling it to death.

No comments:

Post a Comment