Saturday, October 23, 2010

Colors Studies

Right now I'm working on oils for The Waterfowl Festival in Easton, Maryland in November.  Yesterday I decided to try some simple little color studies of Maryland's Eastern Shore....no detail, just mood.  These little paintings are a way of working out colors - how one color works against another.  I like the way they're turning out.  This little piece is done on a 4" x 4" panel.  I painted the panel a dark color then did a 2.5" square landscape on the dark paint which makes the moody landscape colors even more intense.






3 comments:

  1. Really nice! I like the concept of a little gem like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great little piece! Can't wait to see more of it and others at Easton. Paint away, Adele!

    ReplyDelete

Light

 "Light" is the seventh piece for the painting project I'm doing with my son, Shane Rebenschied.  I've painted quite a few...