Sunday, November 20, 2011

Friday and Saturday's oil studies

Today I'm posting two 5" x 7" oil studies - one for Friday and one for Saturday.  After all, I did say I'd post one a day between November 15th and the end of the year!   I've got a third piece almost finished but I've run out of daylight.  I'll post it tomorrow.

I painted the egret on Thursday but couldn't get a good photo of it so I've repainted some of the dark areas to make them more opaque as transparent darks don't photograph well. 


195 - Egret
7" x 5" oil study on board, unframed
$75 plus $6 shipping within the U.S.

SOLD



My second piece is a White Crowned Sparrow - one of my favorite birds but I think this is the first one I've painted.  This study really is a 'study'.  Just the bird, no branch nor shadow.  I like my brushwork in this piece. 


196 - White Crowned Sparrow
5" x 7" oil study on board, unframed
$75 plus $6 shipping within the U.S. 

SOLD

1 comment:

  1. Those are wonderful! I'm a fan of egrets anyway. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete

Bobcat

 These are the last two pieces for 'Square Off', the painting project I've been doing with my son,  Shane Rebenschied,  for the ...