I'm hooked on painting these little evening sky oils. When painting them, I rely more on memory than on photographic reference, which I use only for colour, so they come off the brush more spontaneously. They're usually 8 x 8 (203 x 203mm) and framed simply in a flat profile, 2.1" wide black frame. This piece was inspired by the miles of juniper and piňon between Sedona and Cottonwood, Arizona but it could be many places.
This little piece is one of 8 new pieces that have just arrived at Mountain Trails Gallery in Sedona, Arizona.
%20.jpg)
A Place Like This
8 x 8 (203 x 203mm) oil on panel
People ask if it is a hassle to ship work to galleries in another country? Not really, because I use New Zealand Post to mail them. However there are size limits so I keep the paintings on the smaller size. I can ship larger oils but to keep shipping costs down, I paint on stretched canvas, remove the finished canvas from the stretcher bars and ship it in a tube.
No comments:
Post a Comment