When painting smaller pieces, I like to do a series of images that are of a similar subject matter. When painting my evening sky oils. I usually paint four, all the same size because I like the way they look when they're hanging together as a collection.
This oil is the second in a series of four of my latest evening sky pieces. All four have just arrived at Mountain Trails Gallery, located in beautiful Tlaquepaque in Sedona, Arizona and should be hanging on the gallery walls in the next day or two. I lived in Sedona for 35 years and well remember the hot, dry summer months, waiting for the July monsoons to start. At the beginning of monsoon season, the dark, foreboding storm clouds produce little more than lightning for the first few weeks. The wait for rain was the inspiration for my little oil; 'Empty Promises". Click on the image to see the details and brushwork.
Empty Promises
8 x 8 (203 x 203mm) oil on panel

No comments:
Post a Comment