Please click on the painting to see the full length of "Kōrero - Little Blue Penguins".
I'm back! It has been a long time since I've posted on my blog. I am long overdue for an update. I am bothered by the upsurge of AI generated 'art' that is flooding the internet, including sites such as Etsy, that has been a reputable site to buy original artwork. So perhaps it is even more important for me to get back to posting on my blog to regularly connect with those who appreciate original art. I do not use AI to create my paintings, from conception, composition and application of the paint.
Almost fourteen years ago, I moved back to my homeland of Aotearoa New Zealand where I have been happily living in the little port-town of Opua on the Far North regioin of New Zealand's North Island. The Bay of Islands is home to Korora - the little blue penguins in this painting. They're cute little guys that come ashore at night to nest in rocky crevices, under tree roots and even under some of the buildings along the waterfront.
I continue to paint and supply galleries both in the US and here in New Zealand. You can see more work and information on galleries on my website.

No comments:
Post a Comment