Saturday, June 9, 2012

Immature Black-chinned Hummingbird Study

It's been a while since I've posted a study.  I'm painting work for my galleries but thought I'd squeeze in a few studies in the next week or two before heading to Colorado.

This summer, there are hummingbird nests everywhere - and I also have baby Painted Redstarts in a nest in a wreath on my frame shop door.  All these feathered babies have inspired me to paint a young black-chinned hummingbird.

I have fibbed about the chin color on this little guy.  A fledging wouldn't have the neck color but rather a white chin with some speckles.  The dark chin worked better against the light background so I lied.  It is called artistic license!


270 Immature Black-chinned Hummingbird
5" x 7" oil study on board, unframed
$75 plus $6 shipping within the U.S.

SOLD


No comments:

Post a Comment