"November" is the 11th piece in the Square Off project I'm doing with my son, Shane Rebenschied. All the original oils that we're painting for the project are 6 x 6 x 5/8 oils on gallery wrapped canvas. The location for today's piece is the Blackwater Refuge in Cambridge, Maryland, a spot where I've painted plein air many times over the 30 years I exhibited my work at the huge annual show in Easton, Maryland. With today's piece, I experimented with a hot pink (Permanent Rose) underpainting and BIG brushes. However I found myself turning the flat brushes on their sides and painted with the narrow edges so the result was much the same as with my smaller brushes. As with all the little 6x6s in this project, this one sells for US$200, unframed but free shipping. For more information, click here.
"Together Forever" is Shane's 11th piece in the project. For more information on it, please click here
%20.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment