Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Today's Study is a Mourning Dove

This is today's study for my 75 for $75 project.  Often, I use complementary colors for the background but on this piece, I used the same colors that I used for the bird, except for a bit of green here and there.  Where the bird is dark, I used a lighter color behind it and where the bird is light, as on the chest, I darkened the background.  If you want to make something look lighter, put a darker color around it.


"Mourning Dove"
5" x 7" oil on board,
$75 unframed, plus $6 shipping within the U.S.

SOLD


2 comments:

  1. Lovely soft painting of the little dove. I recently helped to restore to health a dove similar to this who was ill and had a broken wing. She often returns to our yard.

    ReplyDelete

Bobcat

 These are the last two pieces for 'Square Off', the painting project I've been doing with my son,  Shane Rebenschied,  for the ...