I'm in Julian, California for the week, painting for the upcoming group plein air show at the Santa Ysabel Gallery. The show opens this Saturday at 4 PM and will hang through June 13th.
Yesterday, Joe Garcia and I painted in downtown Julian. But come to think of it, Julian is so small that 'downtown' is debatable. Perhaps I should say 'in-town'? The weather has been perfect and no wind or bugs. We've lucked out.
The photograph of 'A' Street & Main is too dark but I'm working on my laptop where I don't have the capabilities to lighten it. It's an 8" x 10" oil on board.
Today, Joe and I will be painting in Julian again. I have my eye on the local pastry shop. The front door, signs and trim are red. Yummy!
My paintings are original oils created in my studio in New Zealand. I do not use AI.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Reflection
Another oldie-but-goodie. Mouser, my friends' cat, passed away a few years ago. She would sit quietly looking at the wall, so was the ...
-
My son, Shane Rebenschied , is a full-time illustrator. On January 1, 2019, he started an ambitious project to paint one 6" x 8" o...
-
A few days ago, I spotted this boat at anchor across the bay from Opua, near Russell. Russell was New Zealand's first capital, then nam...
-
My son, Shane Rebenschied, and I are having a two-person exhibition at Reyburn House Gallery in Whangarei, New Zealand, ending 18th Decembe...

love it! Especially the shadows in the foreground.
ReplyDeleteI recognized that spot before I read the post! So nice to feel a direct connection to a corner of the internet.
ReplyDelete