Monday, May 24, 2010

The studio

Someone recently emailed me and asked about my studio space and work hours.  My home is in a little community of summer cabins.  My house started out as a cabin but now it's a great little artist's cottage.  I used to joke that all I need is a studio with hot plate and plug for the tea kettle, a bathroom and somewhere to sleep.   But come to think of it, that's still all I really need.

My studio is about 15 by 17 with a large fireplace and one wall of sliding doors that hide supplies and prints.  The natural light is less than perfect so I paint under florescent lights with daylight balanced bulbs.   Thanks to my brother-in-law, Jim, I have a huge weighted easel....and this is where I spend about 8 hours a day, six days a week, usually listening to Pandora on the computer.

Right now the studio looks like a bomb went off in it, so a good cleaning is in order for today, especially as my artist friends are coming for dinner on Wednesday night;  painters  Larisa Aukon, Susan Faust and sculptor Kim Kori.  I have my eye on Kim's  Mouse Geisha - we're hoping we can work out a trade.  I'm not very social, but I do love getting together with other artists.  I've often wondered if plumbers get together and discuss plumbing....

Last night I spent time scanning some of the dry paintings for my project,  75 for $75 .  Wet paintings are particularly difficult to photograph because of the glare off thick, wet paint.   I realized I haven't posted the finished Canada Geese...so here it is.  This is one of my pieces for today - hopefully I'll get one or two more done by evening.  It's tighter than I prefer to paint, but then some people like more detail. 


Adele Earnshaw - Canada Geese
$75
7" x 5" oil on panel
SOLD

If you see a piece you like on the 75 for $75 page of my website, www.AdeleEarnshaw.com, purchasing is done through PayPal by clicking on the Buy Now button.  As I can't mail a painting until it is dry, there may be a week (or longer) delay before I can ship it.  But I'll email you and let you know once the piece is purchased.  If you have a special request for a specific bird, I'm happy to paint it.  You are not obligated to purchase it.


1 comment:

  1. This piece has classic Earnshaw composition...I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Bobcat

 These are the last two pieces for 'Square Off', the painting project I've been doing with my son,  Shane Rebenschied,  for the ...