Sunday, May 16, 2010

Only one painting today

Some days, painting come easy.  Other days, it's like pulling hen's teeth.  This was one of those days.  I started three different 5 x 7's but wiped them off when I found myself getting too picky.  My goal in painting 75  5" x 7" oils is to become more proficient at quick, painterly bird studies.   These are not supposed to be illustrations but paintings. 


When all else fails, I go back to my roots and paint a chicken...or in this case, a rooster.  I grew up on a poultry farm in New Zealand so if I can't paint a chicken, well then I might as well just hang it up.
I'm pretty happy with the way he turned out.

So I only got one painting done today - but that's OK....it's Sunday and I'm tired.  I'm taking the rest of the afternoon off.  I'm off to an artist get-together at my friend,  Susan Kliewer's home.  Susan is a fabulous sculptor.  To see her work, click here.  If I'm not in the mood to paint, then the next best thing is to talk art with a bunch of other artists.



Adele Earnshaw - Rooster
$75
5" x 7" oil on panel
SOLD

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Pam. The reds are a combination of Vasari permanent bright red and M.Graham's cad orange.
    I mixed a little alizarin crimson into the mix for the darker reds.

    ReplyDelete

Bobcat

 These are the last two pieces for 'Square Off', the painting project I've been doing with my son,  Shane Rebenschied,  for the ...